Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Five for Friday!

Five for Friday time again!  Link up right here  http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/ .






It has been a hell of a week.   I have been so caught up in the news in the evenings,  but when I am at school I am completely out of touch with the world outside of our school.   It is a weird feeling sometimes.   My prayers are with all of the people in Boston,  all of the people in West, TX,   all of us.   It is a scary world sometimes.   I find peace in the fact that good far outweighs evil.   Every act of evil brings out the helpers,  the good.   I hope that is always true. 

I have very few pictures of this week that I have not already shared.   

This is what all of my kids are reading about right now - obsession over Patches has not wained.

Our sweet little rodent no longer hides when the kids come up to the cage - he runs up to the side and greets the kids with a, "wheet, wheet" and waits for a carrot or apple slice.   He might be a little spoiled. 

I just received word that I received the grant that I wrote for from PetCo.   http://www.petsintheclassroom.org/  .  Everyone I know who has ever asked for this grant has received it.   You basically just have to promise not to eat the pet or perform scientific experiments on them.  I will be receiving a coupon for a second cage,  food, supplies,  etc. and a second animal.   Guinea pigs are not supposed to live alone, and I have been feeling guilty about it, so I will be getting him a little buddy.   Then I will keep one cage at home so I don't have to transport that mammoth thing home every weekend.  If you are looking for a class pet,  this might be the perfect option,  give it a try!

Super proud of my little class - they are currently the third place second grade team in WHOLE state of Texas in points and SUPER DETERMINED to take the lead!   I bet they will do it!  

 
 
My proud mama moment was going to our district website and seeing my lil man advertising the Special Olympics.   Our district hosts each year,   I can't wait!   I am biased but I think he is freaking adorable!
 
 
 
And my favorite picture of the week... 
 (My teacher is a star because.... she lets us do fun stuff, she lets us eat candy during class.  She makes us feel better.   She makes every butey shine.   She never gives up on us.  She always takes care of us.   She always makes us happy.)
 
My cup runneth over... this makes all the lice, barf and testing worth it,  right?
 
Happy Friday!
 

 
 
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts to Texas from the Boston area. I've enjoyed my time in school this week and getting away from the news, but when I'm home, I'm sucked into it! That's awesome that your kids are doing so well in Math!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that is the sweetest. Cherish that little star! :)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a guinea pig for my class! I am not sure where the closest Petco is here in NC, but I sure would love this for my class. Thanks for sharing the idea!

    Kristi
    Lucky in Learning

    ReplyDelete