Saturday, November 24, 2012
Today I was nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks so much to these lovely and creative ladies:
Jennifer at http://hitechcoach.blogspot.com/
Kim at http://www.literacysundae.blogspot.com/
Bren at http://theteacherdiariesk4.blogspot.com/
and Amanda at http://rockstarsatwork.blogspot.com/
for the nominations. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs in hopes to get them more followers! (I'm definitely in need of followers!) So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Here are the rules...
-You must post 5 random things about yourself.
-Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
-Create 5 questions for the people you nominate.
-Choose 5 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
-No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!)
11 Random Things about Me
1. I have never missed an episode of Grey's Anatomy.
2. I have four kids - 3 boys and a girl.
3. My youngest son is cognitively impaired, it gives me a whole new perspective on the world.
4. I can play the spoons. I think I am really good.
5. I hate the feel or sound of velvet. Christmas bows are the worst. I can't even be in the room with someone else who is touching it.
Here are my questions from Jennifer! ( I answered Jennifer's because she was the first one to nominate me!)
1. What is your favorite quote, song, or movie? My favorite movie of all time is Shawshank Redemption, I watch it everytime it is on!
2. What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy
3. PC or Mac? PC
4. Why do you blog? I love to share ideas and I LOVE the idea of being part of a bigger blog community. Reading other teachers blogs has resparked my love of teaching, I would love to be able to do the same for someone.
5. What is your favorite app? For work, I love Splashtop. It makes my tablet a portable smartboard. For home, I love GoogleSky - I love being able to name everything I am seeing in the night sky!
6. What is your favorite blog? This one is hard. I have been following Amy Lemons - Step into Second Grade the longest - and I love it - but there are so many to choose from. This week I would say Turn to Learn because of her incredible tech tips!
7. What is your favorite holiday dish? mashed potatoes!
8. What is your favorite pin on Pinterest? That is like asking me which of my children I love the most.... I just can't answer it!
9. What achievement are you most proud? Professionally, I was named Teacher of the Year last year by my peers and that touched my heart. Personally, being the mom of the most amazing kids is what I am most proud of.
10. Real books or eBooks? e-books
11. What do you like to do when you are not blogging? momming, teaching, or laughing~!
My questions for my nominees!
1. In what word, what is the worst thing about teaching?
2. What is the best?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
4. Do you use Donor's Choose? How many projects have you had funded?
5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
My Nominees! I love these up and coming blogs! Go check them out!